What Skin Type are You?
* Type 1 (Fair) Extremely sensitive to the sun, not likely to tan.
* Type 2 ( light) Sensitive to the sun blue or light colored eyes, sunburns easy, able to achieve a light tan.
*Type 3 ( Medium) Sometimes sunburns, achieves a medium tan.
*Type 4 (Dark) Often Mediterranean, Hispanic or Asian, sunburns a little, usually tans well in the sun.
Before your tanning session rinse your self off in the shower.
No Soap please it leaves a residue on your skin.
How to Exfoliate Your skin...
How to prepare for a sunless tan..
It is very Important to following all these Instruction for the best results.
Pre and Post Spray Tan
Pre Tan Care:
Exfoliate with a non-oil base scrub.
Tip: St.Ives Apricot Scrub works the best when exfoliating.
SUNBURNS, Sunburns have a possibility of peeling, which will peel your
Spray Tan off. Do not get a Spray Tan until your skin has peeled.
*Manicures, pedicures and waxing are recommended 24 hours before your tanning session.
close attention to dry areas such as elbows, knees and feet. It is very
important to do these steps to get a flawless even tan.
* Shaving and Waxing ( Includes facial waxing) is recommended 24 hours before your tanning session.
*Exfoliate in a circular motion 48-24 hours prior to your tanning session ( please not the day of your spray tan session)
* After you exfoliate lightly apply a moisturizer if you have dry skin. Not recommended the day of your session and please don't use the lotion Eucerin it has some barrier to the spray tan.
* Do not apply any deodorant, makeup or lotion prior to your tanning session. This can affect your tan development.
*Wear a dark swimsuit or under garments, thong that are not your best. Or nothing at all what ever you feel comfortable in.
Post Tan Care:
* Allow 5 minutes to dry prior getting dressed.
* It is recommended to wait 8 to 12 hours to shower or exercise... the longer the solution has to react with your skin, the better.
* Wear loose fitting clothes and Flip Flops after your session.
*Avoid anything that makes you perspire or get wet while in the curing process.....
you choose to sleep while still curing on light sheets bronzer may
rub off. This will wash off your clothes and sheets and almost
everything except for SATIN.
*THE COSMETIC BRONZER will WASH off this is normal and not your tan.
*Rinse with warm water only for your first shower (no soap, body wash You can use soap in the important areas. )
* Soaps and some body washes will fade your tan.
I use Prime Bronze Optimize enhancer Cleanser . ( I have available for purchase)
*Avoid Dove Soap it will fade your tan Irregularity.
*Avoid harsh scrubbing and long hot baths and showers.
* Shave with a new razor not a dull one.
* Avoid harsh products that contain Alpha Hydroxy Acids , Nair, Waxing etc.
* Pat your skin do not rub when towel drying.
* After your first shower use a lotion that has no Mineral oil, your tan develops through air and mineral oil will clog the development of your tan.
* MOISTURIZE , MOISTURIZE twice a daily. (Hydrated skin retains your tan longer)
*Apply a Tan extender on day 3 into your tan and it will pro long your tan.( I have available for purchase)
*Summer Skin spray tan should last 5 to 7 days depending on your skin type and how well you follow the before and after tanning tips.
" Regular moisturizing will extend the life of your tan"
*You are not protected from the sun apply a oil - free sunblock. HINT: We like aerosol spray sunscreens.
If you find yourself going into a pool,jacuzzi or the beach it helps if you apply a thick oil-free sunblock to protect your tan.
Although your spray tan may still fade or strip.
( You should always wear sunscreen while being exposed to the sun.)
Spray tan, or self tanner ( DHA) is not a cosmetic.
The active ingredient soaks into the upper layers of your skin and causes the superficial layers of the epidermis to oxidize.
It is similar to the reaction that occurs when you cut a apple and it turns brown.
The active ingredient ( D HA ) occurs naturally in sugar beets and has been approved for application to the skin since the 1950s.
It is a safe, well tolerated product. Most dermatologist highly recommend self tanners as an easy alternative to the suns harmful rays.
We recommend that if you do tan weekly, that every 5 weeks you should allow your skin to Rest free for 7 days.